Adding Users to Student Success
How Do I Access the User Management Tool?
How do I use this tool?
You can add users, edit existing users, and send invitation emails to the platform.
Adding New Users:
- Click the green “plus” button, and add the user's name and email address.
- Select their role and organization, and click “Save." You'll need to add organizations in both columns if you would like the user to be able to access both the survey reporting platform and Student Success. If they should only have access to one of the above, you can limit that here.
- For District Administrators, select the district as their organization. They will be able to see all schools and all students across the district.
- For School Administrators, select their school or multiple schools they should have access to. They will be able to see all students across the selected schools.
- For Teachers, select their school. Depending on the permissions you have set with your Panorama project team, teachers will either see all students in their school or only the students they they teach.
- You can click “Invite” to send them an email.
Editing Existing Users:
- Use the search bar to find the user you want to edit.
- Click the pencil icon next to their email
- Make changes to their name, email, role, or organization.
If you want to delete access for a user, you can switch their role to the blank role option and they will no longer be able to view any data.
Deciding Which Students Teachers Will See
When you are first adding users to Student Success, your Panorama team will give you a few options that allow you to limit which students teachers will have access to within the platform. Due to the type and amount of data available in Student Success, your school or district may decide to allow teachers access to only specific groups of students that they may work with. The options are listed below:
- All Students: Teachers will have access to all students within their school(s)
- My Grades: Teachers will have access to all students in the grades that they teach (as defined by SIS data)
- My Students: Teachers will have access only to the students in their course sections (as defined by SIS data)
As long as teachers have students associated with their course sections, they will see a dropdown that allows them to view only their students, even if an option less restrictive than "My Students" is selected. If the information is being shared with Panorama from your SIS, educators will also be able to select from the dropdown any course section they have access to.
Exporting Existing Users:
If you see an "Export" button on your User Management page, you will be able to export a .csv file of all users who have accounts with Student Success, including those who may not have access to data.
When you click "Export," you'll see a pop-up where you will be asked if you want to include information for staff who may not have accounts, but that we do have data for from your SIS. Selecting this checkbox may result in a larger exported file, but is a great way to prepare to roll out Student Success to more of your staff.
You can always make changes to your exported file in Excel or Google Sheets (add roles, change school names, update email addresses, etc.) and then provide the updated file to your Panorama contact to quickly and easily batch update user data.
Note: If you do not see the Export button, you can reach out to your team at Panorama to learn more about if this will be available in your account.