Building Your Survey Content
Survey content includes all of the questions that you are asking your community to respond to in their survey. Selecting your survey content is an important part of planning your surveys, and because it will directly affect the data you receive, it is often one of the first steps you need to take in your survey creation process. Watch the video or read on below to learn more about setting up your survey content using Panorama's tools.
1. Select Your Survey Instrument(s) & Topics
Panorama has a variety of survey instruments for you to choose from, including feedback and SEL surveys for students, staff, and family members. Please note that what you see in your platform may differ from this list. If you see a survey that you would like to run but don't have access to, please reach out to email@example.com for more information.
Once you've decided which instruments will help you gather the data that is most important to your district, you can log into the platform and start creating a survey based on this content.
2. Build Your Survey in the Platform
To start building your survey, navigate to the Content tab in the Admin section of the platform and follow the steps below:
- Select your survey instrument. You'll need to repeat this process for each instrument you want to use this year.
- You have the option to rename your survey here, if you choose. Click "Create Instrument" to move on.
- On this page, you are able to build your survey by selecting topics in the left-hand panel.
- You can expand each topic using the + button to see the questions, and check it off to add it to your survey. The questions for all topics will automatically populate for both the 3-5 and the 6-12 versions of the survey (or the staff and teacher options, if it is a staff survey), so you do not have to do this multiple times.
- Most of Panorama's surveys are translated into a variety of languages, which you can see using the dropdown in the top left corner. Switching to a different language will allow you to see the translations and make changes if appropriate.
- At the bottom of each version of the survey, you'll be able to add any custom questions you would like to ask. Note that custom questions will not be translated automatically, so you will need to provide translations.
The survey saves automatically, and you can always return to your draft to make updates before finalizing your survey. Check out the articles linked below to learn more about preparing translations for your surveys and creating custom content.