Creating Check-Ins for Students
Check-ins allow educators to quickly and easily ask students how they are doing right now—focusing on students’ well-being, learning environment, and social-emotional growth—and then use the information students share to plan school-wide or targeted supports in response. Learn more about getting started with check-ins here, or continue reading below to learn how to create check-ins yourself.
How to Create and Launch a Check-in
Watch the video or follow the steps below to learn how to create a check-in.
- First, navigate to Student Success from either the Students Icon or the Student Success Icon in the main menu. From here, you can navigate to your Check-Ins Overview page.
- On the Check-ins Overview page, you can create a new check-in or view existing check-ins. You’ll see any check-ins that you have created, as well as any check-ins created by your colleagues that are available for students you support. Additionally, you will have the option to edit or delete draft check-ins. To create a new check-in, click the Create check-in button at the top of the page.
- Next, select which questions you want to ask your students. We have created some recommended check-ins to get you started. You can add, remove, or rearrange questions from one of Panorama’s pre-built Question Sets, or build your own from the library of questions in the All Questions tab. When you’ve chosen all of the questions you want to ask, you can click “Save and continue” to review before launching, or “Save for later” to save your progress and return to it at another time.
- Add a descriptive name for your check-in. Ideally, this name should help yourself and others identify when the check-in is being sent, and which students it is meant for.
- As your check-in is being created, you can review its details and contents. Your check-in will automatically be created for all of the students you have access to in your school or district, but you can limit the audience by sending the check-in link to only the students you want to hear from.
- Once you confirm that the check-in will meet your needs, you can click Launch to make it available for students. Once a check-in is launched you won’t be able to edit the content or delete it. After you launch your check-in, you will be given a single URL to share with your students. You can send this link in a variety of ways: send through email, post it on a slide deck, or chat it out to your students. They will access the check-in by entering their student ID. Learn more about student survey-taking here.
Click here to see a list of questions currently available for check-ins.
Below you'll find all questions available in the check-ins tool, organized by category. In the platform, you'll also notice questions are organized into question sets to support you in selecting relevant groups of questions quickly.
| Social-Emotional Learning
| Formative Feedback for Teachers
| About Me