Frequently Asked Technical Questions about Back-to-School
Note: This page is intended for technical contacts who are managing the integration and set-up process with Panorama. You should have received direct communication from your Panorama team about the back-to-school process, and you should continue to reach out to them if you have any questions about your specific platform. If you are looking for general information about using Student Success for Back-to-School, please visit this page.
This page contains some of the most frequently asked questions about the technical process of switching over to the new school year in Student Success. This process is important because it allows you to control when we begin pulling in data for the 2021-2022 school year.
Technical Process Questions
- What date should I select for our Panorama platform to begin showing 2021-2022 data?
- Panorama recommends selecting a date a few weeks before your first day of school so that users can begin planning for back to school using their 2021-2022 rosters. This date must be at least one day after your SIS has switched over to the 2021-2022 school year internally; please be sure to coordinate with your technology team when selecting this date. For further guidance, please reach out to your Client Success Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I selected a date on the Preparing for Back to School form but need to change it. What should I do?
- If you need to change one or more of the dates that you provided on the Preparing for Back to School form, please contact your Client Success Manager or email@example.com as soon as possible with the new date(s).
- Our district is changing a data system that we use over the summer. How should I let Panorama know?
- If your district is changing a data system that you have integrated with Panorama, such as your SIS or an assessment provider, please be sure to indicate this on the Preparing for Back to School form if you have not already done so. If you have already submitted this form and did not indicate that you will be switching systems, or if you have more questions, please contact your Client Success Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our district is changing our data practices for next year. How should I let Panorama know?
- If your district is changing your data practices, such as switching to standards based grading or adding new grades, please be sure to indicate this on the Preparing for Back to School form if you have not already done so. If you have already submitted this form and did not indicate that you will be changing data practices, or if you have more questions, please contact your Client Success Manager or email@example.com.
- Due to COVID-19, our district did not run state assessments until Spring 2021. What should I do?
- If your district has a state assessment integration included in your partnership with Panorama but did not previously have data available, please contact your Client Success Manager as soon as possible for next steps. If you are not sure whether this is included in your partnership, please reach out to your Panorama project team.
- Our district recently hired a new IT lead/SIS administrator/etc. who is not familiar with Panorama. What should I do?
- If your district recently hired a technical lead who will be assisting with your Panorama partnership, please introduce them to your Client Success Manager as soon as possible. Your Panorama team will work with the new contact to ensure they understand how we connect with your systems and equip them with the information necessary to switch the Panorama platform between school years.
- What should I do if I share data with Panorama via nightly SFTP?
- If you share data with Panorama via nightly SFTP (such as rostering, demographic, or assessment data), a member of Panorama’s team will be in contact with you in the coming weeks to discuss next steps we’ll need you to take to prepare for the new school year. If you have any questions in the meantime, please reach out to your Client Success Manager.
- What can I expect in the Student Success platform over the summer?
- Data in Student Success won't update over the summer - instead you'll see a snapshot of data from the end of the previous year. Once the new school year begins (on the date you select), you will begin seeing new data as it is added to your SIS or other linked systems. You can still use the features (groups, interventions, etc.) of Student Success to view and analyze data before the school year begins; after this, you will be able to toggle back to previous years to view past data on specific pages.
- What happens to my data from 2020-2021?
- What happens to my interventions?
- Interventions will continue to be available on a student's profile. Once the new school year starts, you can toggle back to the previous year to see interventions from that year on a student's profile, though these interventions will no longer be able to be updated. Interventions from previous years will not show up in the Interventions Summary, My Plans, or My Group Plans pages, and will no longer determine whether or not a student appears when certain filters are selected.
- What happens to my groups?
- Your groups will continue to be available on your Groups tab, including those that other educators have shared with you. After the new school year begins, you may notice that you no longer see certain students in your groups if your access to those students has changed (for example, if they have moved to a school you do not have access to or you no longer teach them). If you have access to none of the students in a group, you will no longer see that group.
- What happens to support notes?
- Support notes will continue to be available on a student's profile. Once the new school year starts, you can toggle back to the previous year to see support notes from that year on a student's profile. Support notes from previous years will no longer determine whether or not a student appears when certain filters are selected.
- What happens to my interventions?