What resources is Panorama offering for Back-to-School?
Panorama has been hearing from educators across the country about what they need during this time, so we are excited to provide a variety of resources to help you support your students and community as we prepare for back-to-school.
Looking for resources to help you act on survey data right now?
Explore our new Taking Action resources and learn how to support student and adult SEL using your survey data!
1. New Survey Instruments
We have worked closely with our Research team to develop new survey questions and topics that will help you learn what your community needs right now, specifically in relation to learning recovery and readiness for learning. Learn more about the supplemental survey content below, or reach out to your Panorama project team for more information!
- Learning Recovery: The documents linked below contain supplemental survey questions designed to support you in understand your school community’s experience with academic learning last year, what they need in order to learn this year, and their readiness for in-person learning in 2021-22.
- Questions For Students: What do your students need to feel supported academically, socially, and emotionally in the transition back to school for 2021-22? Use this new Panorama survey content to gather and act on student feedback to promote learning recovery in the fall. Understand students’ experiences with academic learning last year, what they need in order to learn this year, and their readiness for in-person learning. Then, use the feedback to identify gaps in academic opportunity and to deliver interventions that build students’ self-efficacy and classroom engagement.
- Questions for Teachers & Staff: Ensure that teachers and staff have an opportunity to make their voices heard in the transition back to school. What do they—and their students—need to promote learning recovery in the fall? This new Panorama survey content can help you gather and take action on feedback from teachers and staff related to learning recovery and readiness for in-person learning. Use the feedback to deliver more targeted resources and professional development to your faculty and school teams.
- Questions for Families: Invite families into the decision-making process around programs and supports for learning recovery in 2021-22. This new Panorama survey content can help you understand parent and caregiver perceptions of what their children need academically and socially-emotionally in the transition back to school. Use the feedback to understand concerns, respond to their needs, and lean into the expertise of families as their children return to in-person learning in the fall.
- Get to Know You Survey: Panorama's Get to Know You Survey is a popular back-to-school tool for educators wanting to get a headstart on building teacher-student relationships. Learn more about the survey and how to get started here. You might also want to review this blog post containing 101 Inclusive Get-to-Know-You Questions for Students.
Here is a sample timeline of surveys for the 2020-2021 school year, including the new survey content that may be available depending on your license:
2. Virtual Professional Development (PD) for Educators
While in times like these, professional development can be a great way to ensure you are fully able to support your community. Check out some of the resources we are offering below.
- Panorama Webinars: Panorama's team provides free virtual webinars for educators. You can register on the linked page!
- Learn, Connect, Lead Newsletter: We have created this newsletter to share out stories of the great work educators are doing across their communities. Subscribe to learn about strategies and resources available to you.
- Related Blog Posts: Panorama has published a few blog posts to support educators during these times.
3. Support for Taking Surveys
We know that many schools are still providing distance or hybrid learning models, so we have created a variety of resources to support survey-takers.
4. Support for Taking Action with Panorama Data
When things are busy, it can be helpful to continue using familiar tools to check in on your community and document your communications. Below are resources that will help you utilize Panorama tools in a new way.
- MTSS in a Distance or Hybrid Learning Environment: This fall, use our resources to integrate Student Success into your MTSS and streamline your supports for students.
- Using Data to Plan for Back to School: Explore resources from last year's Distance Learning Meetup: Using Survey Results to Plan for Back to School to support your planning.
- Using Support Notes to Act on Student Needs: We have created school closure specific support notes to help educators virtually communicate with one another and have a running record on how specific students are being supported while learning from home.
- Using Survey Data to Support Your Community: Many of our partners are surveying their students, staff, and families to learn how to better support them. You can use the resources linked here to learn more about how to take action using this data.
- Playbook for Remote Learning: Educators across the country use Panorama's Playbook to find and share effective classroom-based SEL strategies. Playbook for Remote Learning is a set of slides that adds framing to your favorite Playbook strategies, making them easier to use in remote learning situations.