NOTE: This article only applies to you if you have access to Panorama's survey creation tools. If you see an 'Admin' button on the top right-hand corner of your screen, then this article is for you! Please reach out to your Panorama contact or email@example.com with any questions.
Why Are Roles Important?
We use the word "role" to refer to the level of reports access a person has in your Panorama account. A role will determine what results a user has access to. Typically, we have three main roles that we use to determine who should see what data:
- District Administrator: Users in this role can see all of the data in a given district
- School Administrator: Users in this role can see all of the data available only for the school they are assigned to, as well as district summary reports when available. This role is typically assigned to school principals, assistant principals, counselors, etc.
- Teacher: Users in this role can see student level data for their classes only, as well as a summary of their school and district data when available.
Feel free to share this reports permissions matrix so other educators can understand who can see which reports.
How Do I Share Results With My Shareholders?
You can begin to share survey results once your survey has closed. Select the Release Results button next to the role that you would like to have access to results. Only those users with that role with released results will be able to see results.
Using a tiered rollout (for example, releasing to district administrators first, school administrators a week later, and teachers a week after that), is a good way to ensure that everyone within your community has access to results, as well as context for how those results will be used within their school or district.
To alert users of the results release, click on the Send invitation emails button. This will send an email to these users with instructions to access their reports.
NOTE: Please keep in mind that you will need to follow these steps for each survey for which you wish to share reports with stakeholders. If you have any questions about this, please contact our Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
How Do I Share Results with Specific People?
Option 1: Release results to everyone, but only notify certain people reports are ready.
- Release reports for a survey on the survey page
- Invite only the users you want looking at the data via the User Management Tool. Others in the school and role would still have access to the reports if they log in, but they wouldn't receive a notification.
Option 2: Remove people from roles before releasing
- Go to the Users tab and edit the users you want to remove from a role
- Go back to your results page and click on "Release results" and "Send Invitation emails" out to all users
If you have any questions about adding users or which roles to select, please contact our support team at email@example.com and they'll be happy to provide more information.