Translations of Panorama’s Instruments
The default translations of Panorama's survey instruments are produced using translation best practices. Each instrument is translated into the target language by one translator, and then that translation was translated back into English by a different translator. The two translations were then reconciled to produce a standard text. Because we hope to serve the largest community of survey-takers possible, our translations do not reflect regional dialects or stylistic patterns. You are welcome to customize the translations to fit the needs of your particular context.
Click here to see a list of default translations available for Panorama's Survey Instruments.
|Survey Name||Languages Available|
|Student Feedback about School or Classroom||Arabic, Bengali, Cebuano, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Chuukese,
English, French, Haitian Creole, Hawaiian, Ilokano, Japanese, Korean,
Marshallese, Portuguese, Russian, Samoan, Spanish, Tagalog, Tongan, Urdu, Vietnamese, Pashto (Available for Student Feedback about Classroom only)
|Student Social Emotional Learning Competencies||Arabic, Chinese (Simplified), English, Haitian Creole, Portuguese, Russian, Somali, Spanish, Vietnamese, Pashto|
|Student SEL Supports & Environment||Arabic, Chinese (Simplified), English, Russian, Somali, Spanish, Vietnamese, Portuguese|
|Student Equity & Inclusion Survey||Arabic, Chinese (Simplified), English, Russian, Somali, Spanish, Vietnamese|
|Student Well Being Measures||Arabic, Chinese (Simplified), English, Haitian Creole, Portuguese, Russian, Somali, Spanish, Vietnamese|
|Family-School Relationships Survey||Arabic, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), English, French, Haitian Creole, Khmer, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Samoan, Somali, Spanish, Swahili, Tongan, Vietnamese|
|Teacher/Staff Feedback Survey||English|
|Teacher Perception of Students' SEL||English|
|Teacher Skills and Perceptions of SEL||English|
|Staff Well-Being Measures||English|
Why Translations Matter
- Accessibility: Offering surveys in the languages your community speaks makes the surveys accessible to all members of your community. Having translations available makes it more likely that you’ll capture feedback from all populations in your community. To learn more about accessibility at Panorama, check out this page.
- Increased Response Rates: Offering multiple languages signals how much your school or district values community feedback and makes it easier for everyone to participate, especially families!
Preparing Translations of Your Custom Content
The surveys Panorama has developed facilitate easy administration and provide valid data, but we know that some of our partners may want to use an instrument that they have developed or add a few custom questions to Panorama’s existing instruments. In cases like these, we recommend that you provide translations for the custom content. The links below will help you understand how to share these translations with our team.
For Partners With Access to Panorama Survey Creation Tools
If you are creating a survey using Panorama's survey creation tool, you can add your translations directly into the platform! This process is the same if you have edited any questions or converted your survey to be a custom instrument.
- Navigate to the "Admin" section of the platform by selecting the button in the top right corner. From here, click on the "Content" tab and select the survey you have been working on.
- Once you have typed your custom questions into the the content page.
- Select the language you want to translate in the left side-bar menu.
- Scroll down to your custom question(s). Notice they are still in English!
- To edit, click on the custom question and update the fields with your translated content. Remember to click "save" when you are done with each question!
For Partners Without Access to Panorama Survey Creation Tools
If you’re using custom survey content and want to offer translations of your content, we have two option to support custom survey translations:
- Work with your Panorama Project team and our vendor to provide translation services for your survey content.
- Perform your own translations using the template provided by Panorama. Download Panorama’s Translation Excel template and Translation Guide to help you understand the requirements of the template.
Still have questions about translations? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!