Why Trust Matters
- How are Panorama’s surveys designed?
- How do I know my students understood the questions and answered honestly?
- Where can I find more technical information on the validity and reliability of Panorama’s surveys?
Explore the question: Can we trust this data?
- By completing this survey, our students/staff/families are asking us to hear them. Reports include numbers but those numbers represent the voice of your community.
- Consider survey data in the context of additional anecdotal information. Student/staff/family voice should complement and not replace other information sources such as the experience and opinions of educators in the classroom.
- Keep in mind that Panorama topic scores aggregate many responses to several questions. Thus, concerns about an individual student’s response to a single question shouldn’t prevent meaningful analysis of topic level information.
- Share Panorama’s survey design process, which meets or exceeds the high industry standards of survey methodology.
- Watch Hunter Gehlbach, our Director of Research, explain our development process.
- Preliminary Reliability and Validity Report: Reliability and Validity of Panorama’s Social-Emotional Learning Measures
- Validity Brief: Panorama Student Survey