There are a few ways to managing individual and group intervention plans in Student Success. This article will walkthrough how to update progress, edit, complete your student plans.
You can watch the video or read on below to learn more how to update progress and edit your student intervention plans.
Updating Progress for Individual Interventions
- Start by finding a student with an intervention plan you’d like to update. There are a few ways to find intervention plans. If you know the name of the student whose intervention plan you want to update, simply search for their name and go to their page. You can also find students who have individual intervention plans by clicking on “My Plans” under Interventions on the sidebar.
- Additionally, you can find students who already have intervention plans in progress, by using the “Intervention Plans” filters under the filters sidebar. Using these filters will show you students who have intervention plans that are on track, progressing, or behind so you can effectively implement supports.
- Choose the intervention for which you’d like to update progress. Note that you can only update the progress of an intervention if you created the intervention, are part of the team, or were assigned as the champion of the intervention. Other users won’t be able to update progress, but will still be able to view the intervention on a student’s page and add notes.
- Check the progress of the intervention. An “update progress” button will appear in the intervention if an update is due. For example, if the monitoring frequency for the intervention is “Weekly” but an update hasn’t been entered for the week, you’ll see something like this. You may also notice a red exclamation mark on this button if an update is past due.
- Update progress by clicking the plus sign to expand the intervention and then clicking the blue “Update Progress” button.
- Finally, select the current date and whether the intervention was performed or not performed.
- To update an intervention using a "notes only" monitoring method:
- Indicate whether the student is on track to meet the goal by selecting “On track”, “Progressing”, “Behind”, or “Don’t know”.
- Adding a note is optional, however you have the option to add text or link to any external documents.--“On track”, “Progressing”, “Behind”, or “Don’t know”.
- If “Don’t know” was selected, the status of the intervention will read “No data”.
- To update the status of an intervention that uses a custom monitoring method:
- Enter a numerical score indicating the student's progress. Adding an observational note is optional.
- A custom intervention will have a status listed in the top right corner of the box based on the most recent progress update. Custom interventions are tracked on a line and goal graph and the color depends on how the most recent score relates to the trend line.
- On Track (green) - the most recent score is at or above the trend line connecting the baseline (initial score) to the target
- Progressing (yellow) - the most recent score is more than half the distance to the trend line from the baseline score, but still below the trend line.
- Behind (Red) - the most recent score is closer to the baseline than the trend line.
- No progress reported - no score has been recorded since the intervention was created.
Each numerical progress update will be added to a student’s graph and trend line, allowing you to see their progress towards the target score.
Updating Progress for Group Interventions
If you click into a group intervention, you will see a new page that shows a summary of the group intervention plan along with a list of the students in the group.
- From the Students tab, click on “My Group Plans” under Interventions on the sidebar. This page shows all of your group intervention plans. Select the group intervention you want to update. After clicking on the group intervention, you’ll see the list of students in the plan. You can update plans in two ways:
- Update an individual student’s progress within the group plan clicking the blue “Update progress” button.
- Update the entire group as a whole by clicking the “ “Update group progress” button.
- Any team member can update a student’s progress by clicking the blue “Update progress” button. However, progress updates can only be edited by the educator who created that update.
Editing Intervention Plans
Interventions can be edited by using the "Edit Plan" button on an individual or group intervention.
- To edit plans, find an individual or group intervention you want to edit by clicking on “My Plans” (for individual interventions) or “My Group Plans” for group interventions) under Interventions on the sidebar.
- To edit an individual intervention:
- Click on the “More actions” button in the top right corner of the intervention.
- Then, click “Edit plan”.You will only be able to edit the plan if you created the intervention, are the champion, or are part of the team.
- To edit a group intervention:
- Click on the “More actions” button in the top right corner of the group intervention.
- Click “Edit group plan”.
- You will only see this option if you created this intervention, are the champion, or are part of the team. Group intervention plans can be edited even if one or more students have completed the plan.
- You may also delete an intervention if it no longer applies, however we recommend that you use "Complete Plan" to show when interventions were ended early. This provides transparency into strategies that have been tested but were not successful, so that future educators can see what has and hasn't worked for a student.
Completing Intervention Plans
You can complete an individual or group intervention plan and indicate whether students met the goal. You will only see this option to complete a plan if you created this intervention, are the champion, or are part of the team.
- To complete an individual intervention:
- Find the intervention by clicking on “My Plans” under Interventions on the sidebar or by going to a student’s page.
- Click on the “More actions” dropdown in the top right corner and then click “Complete plan”.
3. After clicking “Complete plan”, you will be prompted to enter the date and whether the goal has been met or not met. Providing a recommendation for future support is optional.
- Once you’ve completed the plan for a student, you will see the update on their page.
- To complete a group intervention:
- Find the intervention by clicking on “My Group Plans” under Interventions on the sidebar, and then select the group plan you want to complete.
- To complete the group intervention for all students in the plan, you must click on “More actions” and then “Complete plan” for every student.
- When you click on “Complete plan”, you will be prompted to indicate whether the goal was met and if you have any recommendations for ongoing support.
- Once you’ve completed the plan for a student, you will see the update appear under “Recent status”.
Editing Completed Intervention Plans
Once an intervention plan is complete, you still have the ability to edit the intervention completion notes or reopen the intervention plan. Reopening an intervention plan reverts the status of the intervention plan to “in-progress”, which includes ability to add a note, update progress, and edit the plan.
Edit Intervention Completion Information
- To edit a completed intervention plan’s information:
- Click on the “Edit completion info” in the “more actions” dropdown of the completed Intervention plan.
2. Edit any information such as the completion date, goal met or goal not met, and on going support notes.
- Once the information is saved, the details in the intervention timeline will update to reflect your updated completion notes.
Reopening Intervention Plans
To reopen an intervention plan:
- Click the “More actions” dropdown menu on a completed plan and select” Reopen plan”
2. A pop-up will appear indicating the plan will revert to an “in progress” status and if you would like to reopen the plan. If yes, select “Yes, reopen this plan”.
- Once the intervention plan is reopened, the intervention timeline log will update with this information. You or other educators who have access to the intervention plan can see what actions have been taken.