Why should you use Panorama's Student Survey instrument?
- Panorama's Student Survey was designed using best practices in survey design to make sure teachers measure what they're hoping to measure.
- Using our instrument allows you to compare your results with other teachers, schools, and districts across the country using our national benchmarks. We continue to partner with a large and diverse pool of schools across the country to continually build out these.
- Our survey instrument is available in 8 different languages to make sure that all students can share their thoughts.
- We have two versions of the survey for grades 3-5 and grades 6-12, respectively. The items for each version of the survey were developed with student focus groups to make sure the language we use is similar to how students talk about these topics.
How was the Panorama Student Survey designed and validated?
Our survey was developed by a team of researchers at the Harvard Graduate School of Education under the direction of Dr. Hunter Gehlbach. The Panorama Student Survey was developed through a six-step design process, and then tested through two large-scale pilot survey administrations to ensure that you’re getting reliable, high-quality feedback from your students.
The Panorama Student Survey was evaluated on the following criteria:
- Reliability - Will you get the same results under similar conditions?
- Structural Validity - Does each scale measure one underlying factor or multiple factors?
- Convergent and Discriminant Validity - Do scales meant to measure the same topic correlate closely?
As former educators, we know how important it is to capture student voice. A high-quality survey allows us to collect meaningful feedback.